This article will provide you with the necessary details of Brother Printer wireless setup wizard so that you do not come across any problem while connecting your Brother machine using a wireless network. The first task required in the process is to locate the wireless network settings of your wireless router or access points, and only then you can carry on with the process.
Brother printer wireless setup wizard
- After locating your wireless router, connect the power cord which is connected to the electrical socket to your Brother Printer.
- Turn your Brother Printer “ON”.
- On the Printer’s control panel, tap the “Menu” button.
- To select the “Network”, press the “Up” or “Down” arrow keys and tap “OK” after making your choice.
- Again press the “Up” or “Down” arrow keys in order to select the “Setup wizard” and then tap “OK”.
- When you see “WLAN Enable?” on the display, tap “Yes” to enable the wireless network. This will start the Brother Printer wireless setup wizard.
- After searching for the network, the machine will display a list of available Network Names known as SSIDs.
- When this list appears, press the “Up” or “Down” arrow keys in order to choose the SSID of your wireless router and tap “OK”.
- Now do one of the following:
- If you are using an authentication and encryption method that involves entering your Password:
- Enter the Password in the given field.
- Tap “OK” to apply your settings.
- Chose the “Yes” option to complete the process.
- If you choose “Open System”for the completion of the authentication process and your encryption mode is “None”, then go to the next step.
- The printer will try to connect automatically to the wireless network that you have selected.
If your Brother Printer has been connected successfully, then the Machine’s LCD will display “connected” on the screen or the machine will print a wireless connection report if the connection failed.
Check the error code on the printed report and seek assistance to remove this error by contacting Brother Printer Customer Service Number.
Download and install your Brother Printer’s software
After setting up your Brother Printer, you must install the driver. To do so:
- Windows users can go to the “Downloads”section available on the official website and download the “Full Driver & Software Package”. After that, go through the installation instructions on the download page and follow the prompts.
- Mac users can also go to the “Downloads”section which is there on the official website and download the “Full Driver & Software Package”. After that, go through the installation instructions on the download page and follow the prompts.
If you are setting up your Brother printer for the first time and you come across with any issue while performing this task, you must seek technical assistance to resolve it. Brother Printer Support can be availed by dialling the number given on the home page of this website.