Brother Control Center is an important software tool for those who wish to scan their files and images instantly. This means that it is a scanning device that gives you instant and reliable access to many functions such as Scan, Photo Print, and PC-FAX, etc. If you are using any Brother machine, then you may use it directly from the computer’s screen. Not only this, but you can also configure its settings very easily. One should note that some of the Brother machines do not support the Photo Print function or PC-FAX function.
The software can be used on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP as well as on Mac devices. Devices running on Mac operating systems support only the latest version of Brother Control Center i.e., Brother Control Center 3 and 4. Brother Control Center 2 is not available for Macintosh users. There are two modes in which users can use it; home mode and advanced mode. You are free to choose the one that fits your needs. The earlier one is a simple and user-friendly interface while the latter one is for advanced-level users.
How to download Brother Control Center 4 on your Windows device?
Brother control center 4 download windows 10 64 bit can be done easily by following the steps given below:
(Note: the steps are same for Brother Control Center 3 download)
- To begin the process, open your browser and navigate to the official website of Brother.
- Now, click on the “Downloads” option and go to the next option.
- After this, type the model number in the field that reads as “Search by Model Name”.
- Upon entering the model number, click on the “Search” button.
- Now, tap on “OS Family” and choose the type of your operating system.
- For selecting the OS version, tap on the specified version and then click on the “Search” option.
- Now locate “Brother Control Center” by tapping on the “+ show all” option.
- When the End-User License Agreement page appears on your screen, click on the “Agree” button.
- Now, tap on the “Download” option.
- You may find the downloaded file in the “Downloads” folder of your device after that you need to install it. The installation steps are given in the following section.
Steps to download Brother Control Center 4 on Mac
- Navigate to the official website of Brother and click on the “Downloads” option.
- Now, type in your model number and go to the next step.
- After locating your model name, click on the “OS family” option.
- Now choose the operating system for mac such as macOS 10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, and macOS 10.14.
- In this step, you have to “Agree” to the End User License Agreement.
- This action will begin the downloading process on your Mac device.
- You will find the downloaded file in the “Dock” after which you have to install it.
If some problem occurs while downloading the Brother Control center, then you may contact Brother Support for fixing your issue.
Instructions to installthe Brother Control Center on Windows or Mac
Once the Brother Control Center file has been downloaded, you will need to complete the following steps to install it:
- To begin with, locate the downloaded .exe file of the control center.
- After this, double click on it and go to the next step.
- Click “Run” when the security message appears.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Decompress(X)” option.
- Click “OK” when it is done.
- Now “Close” the running Control Center 4 program if it is running in the background.
- Click “Next” and then click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation process.
How do I add my printer to Brother Control center 4?
If you wish to add your Brother HL-2270DW Printer or any other series of Brother Printer to Control Center 4, then go through the following steps:
- Open the Control Panel and click on the “Hardware and Sound” tab.
- From here, go to the “Devices and Printers” section and continue the process.
- Click on the option that reads as “Add a printer”.
- Furthermore, select the model number/name and hit the “Next” button.
- Once again, click on the “Next” option and tap “Finish” to complete the process of adding a printer to the Brother Control Center.
In case your printer still displays “Brother Printer offline” status, then you may get in touch with Brother Printer support. The support executives will provide you appropriate solutions to all your queries. Hopefully, you have found the article helpful.