While printing, sometimes, you may come across a message saying, “printer driver unavailable”. This means now you cannot print anything as the printer will stop working when the driver is unavailable. In this situation, you want to fix this issue instantly so that you can begin your printing task again. The main cause behind this annoying problem is an inappropriate or corrupt brother printer driver. If you are using Brother hl-2270dw or any other model of the printer, then you may go through the following sections to get rid of the error.
Workaround to fix printer driver unavailable error
Method 1: Uninstall the Brother Printer driver
As we have already discussed that a corrupted driver is the primary cause of “Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable” error, hence one should uninstall the faulty drivers and install the new ones. To uninstall it:
- Press the “Win+R” keys together to open the “Run” command box.
- Here, type “Control Panel” in the given field and open it from the search results.
- Use the “View By- Large” icon and then locate “Devices and Printers” to open it.
- Right-click on the printer model with which the problem is arising.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Remove Device” option.
- Again, open the “Run” command box and type “devmgmt.msc” in it.
- Select the “Print Queues” option and right-click on the printer.This will uninstall the device.
- After this, open the “Run” box again and type “appwiz.cpl” and hit the “Enter” key.
- When the printer application opens, select the option that reads as “Uninstall the application”.
- Disconnect your Brother printer from the computer and reboot/restart your device.
- In the end, navigate to the “Control Panel” and select “Set as a Default Printer” option.
- You can now try to print to once again and if it doesn’t help, go to the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall the latest printer driver manually
When your computer is unable to recognize the driver if you have installed the drivers via CD, then there might be a fault with the CD. It may be corrupted or there might be some other problems related to it. In this situation, you have to install the printer drivers manually and here’s how you can do this:
- At first, uninstall the printer drivers using the “Method 1” which is given above.
- Open a web browser on your desktop and go to the official website of Brother.
- After navigating to the left pane on the window, select the “Driver Download” option.
- Now, navigate to the “Select Machine” tab from the top-left corner.
- Further, you will be prompted to select your region.
- Once you do so, a list of all the printer devices will appear on your screen from where you have to select the exact model name/number of the printer you are having along with its series.
- Consecutively, select the “Full Driver and Software Package” option.
- Click on the “Download” button present next to it and then save the “.exe” file wherever you want.
- When the driver download completes, double-click the file and select “Extract”.
- Further, click on “Next” followed by tapping on “Run”.
- Reconnect your printer with the computer and print a test page.
If the issue persists, contact the support executives available at Brother Printer Support. The trained professionals will help you to resolve your queries within the shortest period.