There is no machine in the world that doesn’t reach the end of its life-cycle. At some time or the other, a machine may stop working and start displaying error messages. It is also the case with Brother Printer. At a certain point in time, your Brother machine might display “Brother Printer drum error” or “Brother Printer drum end soon”. The possible reason for these errors could be the following:
- The corona wire on the drum unit of your Brother Printer might not be clean
- The drum unit of your Brother Printer has reached the end of its life
In the following sections, you will find relatable solutions to resolve these issues.
How to reset Brother Printer drum?
To fix Brother Printer drum error message, first, you can try to reset Brother Printer drum and then try other solutions.
- Open the front cover of your Brother machine.
- After this, press the “OK” button and hold it for two seconds until the drum unit displays.
- When it does, hit the “OK” button.
- Now, press the “arrow” and it will display the “Reset” option.
- After this, reset the drum counter of your printer and close the front cover.
How to clean Brother Printer drum?
To clean the Brother Printer drum, you need to clean the corona wire on the drum unit. For this,
- Turn off the machine and remove all the cables attached to it.
- Now, open the front cover and take out the drum unit and cartridge assembly slowly.
- Slide the green tab to and fro several times and clean it gently.
- After this, set the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly in the printing machine.
- Close the front cover and reconnect all the cable.
Check if the issue has resolved. If not, then move to the next solution.
How to replace drum on Brother Printer?
Brother Printer drum error also occurs when the drum unit has reached the end of its life.
- Open the front cover of your printer and take out its drum unit and toner cartridge assembly as well.
- Take out the toner cartridge out of the drum unit by pushing the green lock lever.
- Take the new drum unit out of its new packaging.
- Now, put the cartridge in the new drum unit and the green lock lever will lift automatically.
- It is time to adjust the new drum unit and the toner cartridge back in the machine.
- Now, press “Clear” or “Back” and then press the triangular icon. This will confirm that you are installing a new drum.
- If you have done the replacing task successfully, the LCD will display the “Accepted” message.
- In the end, close the front cover and start using your Brother printer once again.
Hopefully, the solutions have worked right for you. If not, then you may seek Brother Printer Tech Support for reliable solutions to your queries.
Read Next – How to resolve Brother Printer is Offline issue?