A lot of users might come across this problem which leaves them with an unclear printout every time they try to take a print with their brother machine. If you haven’t taken out three consecutive prints then do it and see if the fourth print is coming clear or not. When you see Brother Printer leaving black marks on edge of the paper then you will see some black dots on the paper. These are usually caused by foreign material inside the machine which ultimately damages the surface of the drum. This leaves the toner stick on to some particular areas resulting in smudged or unclear prints.
Steps to fix Dirty spots are printed in Brother Printer
You need to clear the drum unit to get rid of this issue and this how you can do so:
- Open the front cover of your Brother machine and then lift the drum unit up.
- After this, pull it out from the printer and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- To lift the toner out, you need to hold down the green lock lever on the left side of the drum unit.
- Turn it over and ensure that the white drum unit gear is present on the left side.
- Now, carefully look for marks or material on the drum surface.
- Further, you have to clean the roller. Do this by gently wiping its entire surface with a swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol.
- Let the alcohol dry off and again check for the presence of any marks or material present over it.
- Again, you have to turn over the drum unit and clean the primary corona wire.
- You can do this by gently sliding the green tab located at the top of the drum unit.
- Now, you have to replace the green tab to the home position.
- In the end, you can reinstall the toner into the drum.
Print a test page again and check if you are still facing the same issues.
Resolve some more Queries:
By performing the procedure given above, you can easily resolve some of the similar problems.
If the process given above did not help you, then you may seek assistance from professionals of Brother Printer Support. They will guide you throughout the process of resolving the issue.