The reason for the occurrence of Brother Printer Offline issue varies from printer to printer. Sometimes, due to varying conditions including Wi-Fi, network connectivity and power supply issues. Rarely, it shows technical errors related to software and driver.
The important thing you should keep in mind is that users with Printers attached to their computer or laptop or Mobile phones through wireless printing technology are prone to common functionality issues. It’s very common with printers and easy to handle with a few easy-to-follow steps. Brother Printer Offline is no exception as it also comprises an equal share of technical glitches and a remarkable tech support infrastructure to help you get reliable solutions.
Brother Printer keeps going offline could be a sign of overloading issues, or perhaps it happens because of poor driver installation, or maybe interruptions in the network due to loose connectivity is to blame for the issue. Whatever the reason, troubles with tech-machines can happen anywhere along the line. System failure, bugs and viruses can also be accountable for the issue. The sheer enormity of causes for trouble is unfathomable and only a critical assessment can pinpoint the actual problem, especially if your computer is running on Windows 10.
The gist of this article is to enlighten you with several remedial measures that can be implemented for a hasty solution.
Steps for Brother Printer Offline fix on Windows 10
Let’s take a scenario into consideration wherein you work at office and you are in a hurry to print out a document for an interview or business meeting in the next couple of minutes. You open the document, hit the print button and wait for the print to come out. You get a notification message at the bottom right-hand corner of your computer, stating that your Brother Printer is offline. The printer status in the device and Printers indicates the same – Brother Printer says Offline.
Do not get anxious at the sight of it, as the issue is minor and easy to fix. Go through any of the following methods to fix the error:
- Check Printer connection
- Text the Printing Status
- Check the Print Spooler service
- Update Printer Driver
- Run the Microsoft Fix it and check
- Perform the troubleshooting steps and check
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers and then, check
- Please ensure that your Printer is set as default Printer
Please Note: you can choose to update your printer driver both manually and automatically. In the case of manual update, go to the Brother Printer website and search the latest drivers. For the automatic update, download and install any third party driver down-loader, installer, and updater.
How to resolve the issue ‘Brother Printer is connected to Wi-Fi but offline’?
Brother Printer says offline even if it connected to the Wi-Fi, it happens when your Printer is unable to communicate with your PC. Under the conditions, you should try changing a printer’s status from ‘offline’ to ‘online’.
- Make sure to have your printer turned on and connected to Wi-Fi network as your computer. The built-in menu of your printer will show the network to which the printer is connected.
- Check whether your printer is set to ‘Use Printer in Offline mode’. To verify, go to “Start Menu” > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners and then, select your Printer > Open Opaque.
- Beneath the Printer status, uncheck if your printer is set on ‘Use Offline Mode’
- If the above steps prove unhelpful in resolving the issue, try the troubleshooting steps to bring it back to life
Bullet points to resolve ‘Brother Printer is Offline’ issue
- Check if your Brother is turned on without any shortage of power supply
- Check the cables and ports of your printer is connected to the computer properly
- Make sure your printer is receiving a continuous supply of power
- Make sure to set your Brother Printer on default printer mode
- Delete all print jobs from the devices and printer window
- Check the Printer status in the Devices and printers window
- Make sure to have all the latest Printer drivers installed on your computer
- Make sure the Ethernet port is connected properly if your printer is using Wi-Fi network
Don’t get disappointed if your Brother Printer is offline. For Windows 10 users, if the issue still persists after implementing all the above steps and methods, call on Brother Printer Support Number and the tech representatives for technical assistance on the issue. They are available 24*7 via phone call, live chat and email to help you resolve any sort of Brother Printer Offline issue.
Read other related articles –