One of the most recommended Printers, Brother Printer delivers the finest quality printing services and it is used across the globe. Since its establishment, it has been trusted by the users and known for having top-notch fax and scan facilities.
For users, it is important to know the procedure to connect the brother printer to the computer or Laptop as it is essential for giving printing commands to the connected printer. In this article, you will get to know the steps to connect Brother Printer to a computer along with the solution of a common brother Printer error saying “Brother Printer not connecting to computer”. If users are going through the issue in Windows 10 and Mac, then it is recommended to go through the article.
Guide to connect Brother Printer to computer
Below is the elaborated process that is described in the steps for connecting Brother Printer to computer:-
- You need to check the position of your Brother Printer, if you have a laser printer then make sure it is few inches on all the sides of ventilation.
- Make sure your printer cable is apt for making a connection.
- Make sure you shut down the computer and compare the connectors with cable endings.
- Now, you have to attach the 25 pin cable to the computer and tight the screws manually
- You have to connect the other end of the cable to the socket and latch the retaining clips.
- In this step, you have to plug the power cord into the printer then switch on the printer.
- Now, you have to install cartridges as per the instructions are given in the manual.
- You have to turn on the computer/laptop and install the printer driver software according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Now, you have to add the Brother Printer to the list of Printers that are recognized by your computer. If you are using Mac, then you just have to select the new printer in the “Chooser” option.
Note: – These steps apply to connect parallel port printers to PC and also applicable to the Mac serial printers and PC USB printers.
Read: How to connect brother hl-2270dw printer to wifi?
How to resolve the “Brother Printer not connecting to computer” error?
The “Brother Printer not connecting to computer” error can be solved easily if you follow the procedure in a given sequence. The procedure is as follows:-
- To begin with the process, first, you have to open the coverlid of the Brother Printer by using the options given on the printer and the buttons on the sides of the printing machine.
- Now, you have to shift the print head to the center.
- In the end, you have to check and then confirm that there is no piece of paper, clip or staple pin found in the machine.
- Close the lid and then check whether the printer is printing or not.
- Make sure that the cable wire is connected properly to the computer and the printer. Also, there should be suitable network connectivity between the Wi-Fi and the connected computer.
Note: – If the error still persists then it is recommended to get in touch with the Brother Printer Support assistants that are available 24/7 to assist your issue.
The article has evolved with the suitable steps that will help you to get your computer connected with the Brother Printer along with the steps to resolve the Printer not connecting error. If you are facing any further trouble or facing another error such as Brother Printer is Offline, then it is recommended to get in touch with the customer support team via a toll-free number that is available on the official website.