Brother Printer default password is essentially needed when you buy a new device and try to connect it with your Brother machine. Sometimes, you need to do a factory reset in order to accomplish your printing jobs. At times, you tend to forget the default Brother Printer password as well as the user name. In such a situation, establish a connection between the computer and the printer becomes quite difficult.
The problem usually arises when you have to strive hard in order to dig out the admin password. The default password is one that is set at the time of product manufacturing. The default password is the same for all products manufactured at the Brother factory. According to Brother Printer’s manufacturers, the Brother Printer default password is “access”. You might need to change the password in various situations, for which the steps are given below.
Ways to change brother printer default admin password
- Open your Brother Printer as well as your computer.
- In this step, you have to establish a secure connection between the computer and the Brother device. To do this, connect the both devices using a router.
- Open the web browser and navigate to the “Network Configuration” page.
- In the page that appears, type in the Brother Printer default password, which is usually “access”.
- Now, you will be provided with three links which says, “Change Password”, ”Configure Password” or “Password & Contact”. Choose the one that you wish.
- Enter the new password and click on the “Done” option.
- Open your web browser.
- In the search bar of your web browser, type “http://machine’s IP address”. This will display the IP address of your Brother Printer or the print server name.
- Now, a login page will appear. Here, you have to enter the default password which is usually “access” or in some cases it is “initpass”.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Administrator” tab. In case you don’t find it, click on the “Login Password” option.
- Tap on the “Enter New Password” option and type in the password that you wish to set.
- Lastly, write down the password at a safe place for future reference.
- Retype the new password and hit the “Done” or “Submit” option.
In case you are unable to reset the password on your own, then you should immediately connect Brother Printer Customer Service. The experts available at Brother Support center will provide you with hasty solutions to resolve various issues with your Brother device.