Before You Begin the procedure to connect the Brother Printer to the Wi-Fi network, please make sure that you customize the right Wi-Fi settings for the Brother printer so that it can easily communicate with the router. After making the relevant changes in the settings, your device is ready to access the printer. In this article, you will find step-by-step guidelines for the Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup.
How to manually setup Wi-Fi on brother printer?
It is recommended that you contact your system administrator before you begin with the installation process.
- To configure the Wi-Fi settings again, reset the Wi-Fi settings of your Brother printer:
- First, turn off the printer.
- Press and hold down the “Feed” button and the “Power” button altogether.
- And then release the “Feed” button.
- When the POWER indicator starts flashing the Orange color, Press the “Feed” button once again.
- It is also recommended that you place the printer close to the router for the effective results. There shouldn’t be any large object or walls between the router and the printing machine because it can affect the data transfer speed of your documents.
How to Configure the Brother Printer Wi-Fi setup?
- Before you begin, write down the SSID and password of your router on a piece of paper.
- Use a USB cable to connect the printer and the computer.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the Wi-Fi button of your printer. This will turn on the Wi-Fi function of the printer.
- Now, the Wi-Fi indicator will start flashing the blue color once it is turned on.
- Now you have to configure the Infrastructure Mode setting of the printer which varies depending on your Operating system:
- For Windows PCs– First, go to the Printer Setting Tool, and tap the “Communication settings” option. Now, select the “Wireless LAN” and then tap on the “Infrastructure” option available in the “Wireless Settings”.
- For Mac computers- Go to the Wi-Fi setup Wizard available in the Printer Driver Package and follow the prompts. If you are unable to find the “Printer Driver Package”, you can look for it in the “Utilities” folder.
- Now, type in the SSID and Password that you have noted down in the first step.
- Click on the “Apply” option.
- This will successfully establish the connection between your Brother Printer and Wi-Fi.
- You can also make use of the Brother Printer Setting Tool in order to change any other network setting.
- You can follow a similar procedure if you want to establish a connection between your mobile device and Wi-Fi access point.
To sum up-
Whenever you setup a Wi-Fi access point to your printing device, it is possible that you come across certain difficulties. In such situations, you must connect the Brother Printer Setup team, who will provide you with apt solutions regarding network connection issues. You can contact the Brother Printer Support experts by dialing the support number or via online chat where you can have one-on-one conversation with the executives.
Read related articles – How to connect brother hl-2270dw printer to wifi?