Locating the WPS PIN on Brother Printer is very essential if you wish to connect any printer with your computer for initiating the printing task. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) allows you to change the settings of the Brother Printer that too without using the computer. The PIN which is also known as the Personal Identification Number is necessary for establishing a connection through the Wi-Fi. This can be done with any of the Brother Printer models including Brother Printer MFC-l2710dw, Brother hl-2170w printer, and Brother l2360d printer.
Hence, if you are also looking for ways to find WPS PIN on Brother Printer models such as Brother Printer DCP l2540dw, brother 2740 printer, and brother printer hl-l2350dw, then you may go through the following sections.
Where is the WPS PIN on my Brother Printer?
The user whose Brother Printer is not a touchscreen model can follow the steps given below to locate the WPS PIN:
- First of all, plug in the power cord of your Brother machine into the wall socket and then turn it on.
- After this, press the “Menu” option on the Control Panel of the printer.
- From here, press up or down arrow keys and select the network followed by tapping on OK.
- Again using the up and down arrow keys, select WLAN and click OK.
- Once again using the same buttons select the WPS w/PIN Code and then click OK.
- When you do this, you will see an 8 digit PIN. After this, you will notice that the printer has started to search for the available networks.
Find WPS PIN on touchscreen models of Brother Printer
Follow a few simple steps given in this section to find the WPS PIN on your Brother machine:
- Begin by turning on your Brother machine by connecting it to the power cord.
- After this, press the “Menu” option and then press “Network”.
- Further, you have to click on the “WLAN” option.
- Now, use the up and down arrow keys to display WPS w/PIN Code.
- After locating it, you may press WPS w/PIN Code.
- When you press this option, your LCD will display an 8 digit PIN.
- Now, the printer will start searching for an access point for a few minutes.
You can input this PIN wherever required and if you come across problems while locating the WPS PIN, then you may contact Brother Support for further assistance.