While using a Brother Printer, users might come across a problem while printing from it after a certain period. Sometimes you may come across situations such as clogged nozzles, or printer not detecting ink cartridges. To avoid Brother Printer ink problems, users should do the following things with his printer regularly:
- Keep your printer plugged and turned on for a certain period.
- Keep using the printer regularly and take a printout often.
- Use high-quality and compatible ink cartridges.
If you are facing a specific issue, then try to know the reason behind it so that you can find out the apt solution to fix the issue.
Fix Brother Printer ink cartridges problem
At times, you might come across an error on installing new cartridges in the printer. Here you see an error saying “Brother Printer won’t recognize new cartridge”. This usually happens when you place an incompatible, generic, or refilled ink cartridge. “Cannot Detect” is another error message that users might get in this situation. This usually happens due in case you have installed the cartridge too quickly or it is damaged. A non-Brother cartridge is also one of the reasons behind this issue. Hence, you need to cross-check if the cartridges are installed correctly at not and for doing this, you can follow the steps given below:
- Open the cover of the ink cartridge and push the 4 colored levers down.
- After this, remove the ink cartridges from the machine.
- Turn on the printer and then install the ink cartridge.
- Do match the color of the cartridges while installing the cartridge.
- You should install the ink cartridges one at a time and slowly.
- Do in the direction of the arrow on the label until it clicks into place.
- After installing all four cartridges close the cover.
- When LCD asks you about installing the new cartridges, choose ‘Yes’ each time it asks.
Troubleshoot Brother Printer ink refill issues
Sometimes, when you refill the ink cartridge, the LCD displays “No Cartridge” message. This might happen if the ink cartridges that you haven’t replaced are empty. In this situation, you might need to check the ink volume and replace the empty ink cartridge if there is any.
- First of all, select ‘Ink Management’ and then select ‘Ink Volume’ using the Up or Down keys.
- Press ‘OK’ and you will see the ink volume.
- Now, you need to press the Up or Down keys once again for the color you wish to check.
- In the end, press Stop/Exit.
- If you still see the “No Cartridge” message, you might need to unplug the printer from the AC power outlet.
- After this wait for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back again.
- If you see the date and time on the LCD, you can continue with your printing task once again.
Get rid of Brother Printer color issues
If you come across a situation when there is a problem in the printing of one or more colors, then you might have not installed the ink cartridges correctly. It might also happen because of the clogged nozzles. Do the following to get rid of this issue. The first thing you can do in this situation is to clean the print head and install a genuine Brother Ink cartridge such as lc201, lc103, lc203, lc101, or dcp t300.
To check the print quality and clean the print head:
- First of all, four colored Ink button.
- After this, press ‘Test Print’ followed by ‘Print Quality’ and then press ‘OK’.
- Now, Brother Printer will start printing the ‘Print Quality Check Sheet’.
- Here, you can check the quality of the four-color blocks on the sheet.
- When the LCD asks you about the print quality, then select ‘No’ if there is missing short lines on the test page.
- Press ‘OK’ if the LCD asks you to start cleaning.
- Press ‘OK’ again when the cleaning process ends.
- After this, you can install a new genuine Brother Ink cartridge and start using your printer again.
In case, the issue persists, then you may try to repeat the process. Else, get assistance from experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you reset the ink cartridge on a Brother printer?
- First of all, restart your Brother Printer.
- Now, open its cover by lifting the lever on its side.
- Further, press the ‘Cancel’ and ‘Print’ buttons together.
- Click on the ‘+’ option and scroll down to locate the ink cartridge you want to reset.
- In the end, press ‘OK’ or “Enter’ to complete the reset process.
Why does my Brother printer say no ink?
You may see some messages indicating this possibility because there is no ink in the ink cartridges. You may see it even after refilling the ink cartridge. This happens when the ink cartridges other than you have refilled are empty. Hence, if you do not want to see this message, then you should replace the empty ones immediately.
How do I clean the heads on my Brother printer?
- First of all, press the ‘Ink’ key.
- Now, press ‘OK’ and using the Up and Down key, select ‘Cleaning’.
- Further, press ‘OK’ and using the arrow keys select the color that you want to clean.
- Finally, press ‘OK’ once again.