Brother Printer has been widely known for its reliability and functionalities. No matter what the size of your organisation is, Brother Printers are desk-friendly as well as space-saving. It not only offers printing functionalities to its users but can also be used for copying and faxing the documents. Moreover, you can also use Brother Printer scan to computer functionalities on your device. Without wasting much time, let’s see how you can scan from your Brother machine to computer.
How to scan from brother printer to Windows 10?
If you wish to scan a document from your Brother printer to your Windows 10, do as described below:
- From your Windows 10, go to the “Start” option and hit it.
- Now, use the “search bar” of your Windows and type “Brother” in the provided space.
- A list of options will appear on your screen from which you have to tap on the name or the model number of your Brother machine.
- In this step, you have to select the “Control Center” option in order to open the “Control Center” window.
- Form here; hit the “configuration” option followed by “Scan and File” options.
- Once you do this, the “scan to file” window will display from where you have to select the format for scanning the file.
- You also have to choose the destination folder and can also adjust the settings for resolution, brightness, and more.
- Your Brother machine is now ready to start scanning from Windows 10.
- Read FAQs & Troubleshooting – Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
How to scan on a brother printer to a mac?
Mac users can follow the steps given below to scan documents from their Mac.
- From your Mac, navigate to the “System Preference” window and from there select the Brother Printer name or model from the “Print & Scan” tab.
- In this step, you have to open the “Utilities” tab and then hit the
- Open the “Utilities” tab and click on the Control Center” application on your Mac.
- From here, you have to look for the “Software” button.
- Next, tap on “Scan to File” option and customize the settings for scan type and choose the location where you have to save the scanned document. You can name the folder as “My Document”.
- In this step, click on the “OK” option to continue.
- It’s time to load the document that you want to scan from your Brother printer.
- Hit the “scan” option from the control panel of the printer.
- Now, your Brother Printer is now ready to scan documents from your Mac.
(Note: the steps will be the same if you are wondering how to scan pictures from brother printer to computer.)
Fix- Brother Printer won’t scan to computer
It is possible that your Brother machine starts displaying errors while scanning the documents. The error message could be “brother printer prints but won’t scan” or the one named above. You can fix it easily by going through the troubleshooting manual. You can also check certain things that are necessary for Brother Printer to scan from the computer. Here is check-list:
- You have to check if the Brother machine is powered on or not and it is error-free.
- Crosscheck that there is proper connectivity between the computer and the Brother machine.
- Check if there is any problem with the printer’s scanner driver.
- See if there is any problem with the firewall settings or you can also check the IP address of the scanner driver.
After cross-checking all the essential components, if your Brother machine is still displaying errors while scanning the documents, you can always dial Brother Printer Tech Support Number USA. You are also suggested to navigate to the official website of Brother Printer and go through the FAQs section.