Before discussing the procedure to turn off brother hl-l2340dw deep sleep mode, it is essential that you know what it means. Setting up the Brother Printer in sleep mode reduces its power consumption. This is done by turning off the fuser which is present inside the printer at the time when it is idle. You always have the option to set the time for how long it will be going in the Sleep Mode and after how many minutes of remaining idle, it will go in the deep sleep mode.
Additionally, the deep sleep timer is automatically reset when your Brother Printer receives PC data or makes a copy of it. The factory setting is usually 5 minutes for a common brother machine. When the brother hl-l2340dw printer deep sleep is enabled, you will see “Sleep” on the LCD. While you try to use your printer after waking it up from the sleep mode, it will take some time to do the printing job.
Steps to wake up Brother Printer from deep sleep
Follow the steps given below to disable hl-l2340dw deep sleep mode. In case you encounter any problem while doing so, get in touch with the Brother Support.
- In the first step, you have to go to the main menu and navigate to the “General Setup” option.
- Now, move to the “Ecology” section and hit the “Sleep Time” option.
- In the provided space, enter the time for which the machine will have to remain idle to go in the deep sleep. (Note: you can choose any number from 0 to 99).
- To turn off the sleep mode of your brother machine, at first you need to press the “Start” and “Options” keys at the same time.
- When the LCD displays the message saying “Sleep Mode: On”, press the “Up” or “Down” arrow keys to turn it off.
- In the end, press the “OK” button followed by Stop/Exit.
- Wait for a few minutes to get the process completed.
- Once it is done, restart your Brother machine to save the changes.
The steps which are mentioned above can also be used to wake up brother printer from deep sleep mac. In case you encounter any difficulty while configuring the “Sleep Mode”, you can seek assistance from Brother Printer Tech Support.