Installing a Brother Printer can be a tough task. But if you do it the right way, then it won’t be a big thing to accomplish. This article highlights various kinds of installation process following which you can easily install Brother Printer on your device. In case you are not able to follow any of the steps given in this article, then you may seek Brother Printer support. The Brother Printer installation steps are helpful for the users of Brother hl-l2370dw, Brother mfc j430w, Brother ql 570 label printer,Brother mfc 7360n printer, and Brother mfc 7860dw.
Steps to install Brother Printer without a CD
Brother printer installation without cd can be done by following the steps given below. You can do this if the Chromebook or laptop has no disc drive. (Note: these steps are helpful only for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8 users.)
- To install brother printer on your Windows device, you need to first connect it to the computer using the USB cable.
- Now, go to the “start” menu and click on the “Settings” option.
- Further, click on the “Devices” option.
- After this, tap on “Add a printer driver or scanner driver”.
- When Windows detects your Brother printer, click on the name of your printer.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompts and click on the “Finish” option to complete the process.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- Brother printer drivers for windows 10 are now ready to be used.
How to install Brother Printer on Mac?
You can do Brother Printer installation on Mac by going through the following steps:
- Turn off your Brother machine and remove its power cord from the socket.
- Also, disconnect the interface cable from it.
- Now, the type of connection you are using such as USB/wired/wireless.
- After this, click on the menu of your Mac device and select “System Preferences”.
- Further, tap on Print & Fax/Print & Scan/Printers & Scanners whichever you may see.
- Click on the (+) button followed by “Default”.
- Here, you have to select the name of your printer from the list of printers.
- Click on the “Add” option after making your choice and you are done.
Steps to install ink cartridge in Brother Printer
If you are going to install ink cartridges for the first time in Your Brother printer, then you can go through the following steps to learn the procedure for the same:
- Power on your Brother machine and open the cover of the ink cartridge.
- After this, you have to remove the orange protective part from here.
- Take out the ink cartridges from its packing.
- Now, you have to place the ink cartridges into its slots. Place the cartridges in the same slot as the color-coded slot.
- Gently push it inside until you hear the “click” sound.
- Repeat the same process for every cartridge.
- In the end, close the cartridge cover and print a Print Quality Check Sheet (PQCS).
Brother installation software free download is available
- Open an Internet browser and open – https://www.brother-usa.com/brother-support/driver-downloads.
- Click on the “Downloads” option.
- Now, type your model number in the field and click on the “search” option.
- After this, select the OS Family and version and again click on the “Search” option.
- Further, choose “Brother Printer drivers” from here.
- When you finish reading the End-User License Agreement, click on the “Agree” option if you agree to the terms.
- This will begin the download process.
- Tap on the “Close” option when the download is complete.
Fix- Brother Printer driver won’t install
- Make sure you use the latest printer driver for your operating system instead of the built-in driver.
- Download the suitable driver for your operating system from the “Downloads” section of Brother.
- Also note that to begin the installation, you must execute the driver installer file first.
- Ensure that you saved and extracted the file in an easy-to-access location because the file that is located in a folder within many other folders may not install properly.
- Click on the “yes” option whenever the UAC box appears.
- If you are receiving error messages, then the operating system might not be compatible with the download.
- Check the list of supported operating systems and then try to download the file.
These steps will also help if you are unable to download the Brother Control Center on your device.
Brother printer wireless setup wizard
- At first, turn on your printing device.
- Now, go to the “Menu” and click on the “All Settings” option.
- After this, click on the “Network” option followed by “WLAN”.
- Finally, tap on “Setup Wizard”.
- Enable the wireless network when you are prompted. Doing this will start the wireless setup wizard.
- When the machine displays a list of SSIDs, you have to choose yours and then tap on “OK”.
- In the end, select “Yes” to apply the settings.
- When your Brother machine connects successfully, its LCD will display the “Connected” status.
If you are unable to follow any of the steps mentioned in this article, then you may seek expert guidance. For more help and updates, keep calling on Brother Support Number.
Read Next –